Work at Gripvan
Gripvan's goal is to simplify the shoot process for image makers, producers and assistants
We are striving to become the go-to service for photographic and moving image technical equipment, providing the best service available using our specially designed vans, the latest technical equipment, supported by a team of experts.
We are proud to have built a diverse team of driven, talented people who are united by a passion for the industry. From company directors to client services, assistants to accounts; we share a set of common values that have undoubtedly contributed to the company’s impressive growth over the past few years.
Gripvan is still young, with big plans for the future. Our small but dedicated team works with some of the leading agencies and producers. You will have the opportunity to work on some high-profile and demanding productions, and to support top photographers & filmmakers from all over Europe and across the world.
Team work – we are all involved in every aspect of the business, from driving vans, to providing support on a major advertising shoot.
A genuine love of the sector – we love this industry, but the work can be tough, so we need to know that you are willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
Stay open to new ideas – we are learning everyday, so new ideas are critical to that process. We grow and improve by listening to each other and to our clients.
Willing to go the extra mile – for customers and for the team, that’s how we are able to achieve our goals.
Enjoy what you do – what’s the point otherwise?!?
Perks & Benefits
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Many of the team and freelance crew at Gripvan are keen cyclists - it's also the easiest way to get to Battersea for those early call times! Our cycle to work scheme allows you to purchase a bike from your pre-tax salary, saving around 30% on the cost of a new bike. We also provide indoor secure cycle storage to keep your pride and joy safe during the working day.
- Flexible Shifts
- The industry doesn't always keep normal hours, we know that family life sometimes doesn't either. Where possible we'll always try to accommodate requests to start late, finish early or work remotely.
- Free use of equipment
- Gripvan is a team made up of passionate creatives in their own right. When kit isn't booked on a job it is available to our employees to use on their own personal projects.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday
- With a few big birthdays happening at Gripvan lately we can appreciate the benefit of a day off to celebrate (or recover). We'll also make sure you celebrate with us at a Birthday lunch.
- Regular team lunches
- Speaking of lunch, we like to eat together, whether by whipping up a massive salad to share, or by treating the team to a midweek lunch out.
- Tea, coffee and snacks on tap
- An army marches on its stomach, Gripvan is no different! We'll keep you well caffeinated or if Peppermint is more your thing we're good for that too.
- Company performance bonus
- We recognise that our employees are integral to to our success so when the company is successful it is important to us that we all share in that.
If you are interested in joining a company that is seeking to truly change the industry we love for the better, either in our HQ or 'On Set' roles, please take a look at our current vacancy listings below. We would love to hear from you.
Please note: If there are no posts above we aren't currently looking to expand the full time team at Gripvan, however we are always looking to meet passionate and experienced assistants who'd like to join the freelance crew list.
Please visit our crew page for more information.