Rental Desk / Operations Crew Member
£25,000 Full Time + Shoot Bonus & Performance Bonus
Based in Battersea, SW London
Gripvan's Operations Crew are multitalented creatives with genuine passion for film and image-making. They know their way around a wide range of cameras, lighting and other photographic equipment and are able to provide support for these on set and remotely. Our ideal applicant will have technical knowledge but will also be comfortable dealing with customer enquiries, speaking to suppliers and will be keen to develop their skills and experience out in the field. On all these fronts, they will be a delight to deal with as they could be the first point of contact for new customers. They will have the confidence to discuss projects with producers and photographers / cinematographers when required. This role will encompass taking order enquiries as well as preparing equipment and driving.
- Deliver the Gripvan experience & service by engaging with, supporting, & developing rapport with Gripvan clients, suppliers & freelance crew
- Seamlessly move between areas of the business as required whilst delivering consistent industry leading service.
- Preparing our custom Gripvans with bespoke grip and lighting packages for clients with the care and attention as if it was your own shoot
- Receiving vehicles as they return from jobs, testing and checking-in items so that we keep our stores & kit in great condition, ready for the next job
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the efficiency of our processes
- Keeping the vehicles and stores in clean and tidy order
- Speaking to new clients and suppliers to prepare quotes and confidently answer queries
- To be on hand to drive vans to collect equipment, return equipment as well as delivering to set.
- Working on set as a photographic, camera, or lighting assistant on many of our high profile shoots, working alongside Gripvan Director Andrew Howe and after completing your training, on your own.
- While on set, you will be in charge of the Gripvan, responsible for safely driving kit to and from set. This could mean driving long distances on occasion.
- You will demonstrate that you have some experience with cameras, lighting and grip equipment, enough so that we can discuss your views and thoughts on the subject
- You will be a people person, a good communicator in all circumstances, approachable and engaging
- You understand about delighting customers of all types
- You enjoy helping people; this is vital
- You are flexible and versatile so that we can meet the needs of the business
- You will be comfortable using a Mac & speaking on the phone
- You will be keen to engage with our training process to enable you to work on set on bigger and more ambitious projects.
- You are happy working unsociable hours on occasion.
- You are educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or possess extensive experience in one or more of the film, photographic and/or equipment rental industry
For more information about working at Gripvan and our company culture, please check: http://gripvan.com/careers