PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Gripvan are recruiting a Junior Kit Room Tech / Driver.
Gripvan, a rapidly growing kit hire and location support company based in SW London, are looking to hire a full time Junior Kit Room Tech / Driver to support the business in the next stage of its growth. The role offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working alongside a dynamic team of photographic technicians and producers and the potential to gain valuable skills within the photographic industry.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Day to day management of the vehicles, ensuring vans are prepared and ready to go out on jobs, overseeing their condition and flagging damage when applicable.
- Preparing and loading equipment for shoots.
- Collect and deliver equipment to and from suppliers / shoots.
- Checking of equipment prior to and following hires.
- Ensuring equipment is clean and fit for hire.
- Logging and organising repair of any damaged equipment.
- Take responsibility for safe storage of equipment and supplies within the warehouse.
- Monitor stock shortages and recommend adjustments to stock levels.
- Ensure stores and kept clean and tidy.
- To work closely with the Operations Manager in servicing bookings and Gripvan shoots.
- To assist in the day-to-day running of the business.
- When required, to accompany the vans on shoots, deliver equipment to locations and assist photographers and producers on location.
Attributes & Qualifications
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Insurance requires role-holder be 21 years or older.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to manage diaries, calendars, and workload.
- Confidence and ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Happy on occasion to work long hours, sometimes outside in cold conditions.
- A desire to be part of a team in small, busy company in a dynamic, exciting industry
- Patience, energy and a sense of humour always helps
- Resident in, or willing to move to London
- Experience of driving vans in and around London
- A keen interest in and basic knowledge of photographic equipment.
- Experience of working on photo shoots
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
- Resident within 60 minutes of SW8
- Knowledge of the equipment we offer would be an advantage however you will receive on the job training.
- Competitive Salary
- Full training with one of the most respected lighting technicians in the industry
- Company Phone
- Use of company equipment for personal work by arrangement.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Application" and your name in the Subject Line to arrive no later than August 24th 2015.
Any questions please call 020 3002 9130 or email email@example.com.